Maximize the effects of your chiropractic treatment using these suggestions from Dr. Gosselin.
Prior to each treatment
- Take a moment to set your intention of what you hope to achieve as a result of your session
- Use some deep breaths to shift gears so you can focus on you and your needs
During your chiropractic treatment
- Be prepared to share what’s better, or not, and any new developments
- Mention new areas of concern at the beginning of your session
- Be responsive to additional input and ideas about how to move forward
- Ask for help if therapeutic recommendations are not clear
- Focus on the process of restoring your health and recognize that the chiropractic adjustment is just one part of the solution
- Keep breathing….
After your chiropractic treatment
- Drink extra water after a treatment to help dilute and flush out irritating chemicals from the tissues
- Leave a little extra time to take a short walk after your session to help your nervous system integrate the treatment
- Review the therapeutic recommendations and formulate your “next step” - keep it simple, doable and achievable
- Keep breathing…